Monday, November 12, 2007

Day 9...

This is posted very late but I'm playing catch up. I don't have a problem with the creating everyday, it's the posting everyday I don't always get to!

For my birthday my SIL gave me this cute gnome. I have a growing collection of them. My son took a liking to this one and I found him standing in the doorway between my son's room and the hallway. It was just cute and funny how he was just there. As though he had gotten himself there and it was where he was supposed to be. I of course ran for the camera.
Photography is one of my favorite things. I think because I can capture something exactly as I picture it in my mind. I don't find I can do that with other art mediums. I haven't been experimenting with the camera as much lately though. I feel at a loss for subject matter.

Friday evening I finished up the Home box. I finally found the perfect chain. At the craft store! I didn't think I'd find something heavy enough but I guess clunky is in for jewelry now. So it's done!
Detail of the side. I used rub-ons on the side that coordinate with the paper I used for the letters. It's a little more crafty looking than I had wanted it to be.



2 comments:

Cheryl Finley said...

This is gorgeous! And oh so homey...and thanks for sharing the pics of your craft room! I'm wanting to get motivated, inspired to "order" mine. I'll revisit often. Love your blog too : )
Cheryl

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

Love your HOME plaque. I think it's adorable.