Monday, November 12, 2007

Day 12...

Here is the progress I've made on the 12x12 collage. I added some pattern paper and stamped some text across the bottom and then added a quote over one of the pattern paper strips.
Painted a wash of light yellow and white over the top.

Added the quote with acrylic medium but part of it wrinkled. I'm not too happy about that.

After the paint dried I added 3 pattern paper circles and glued glass blobs (I'm drawing a blank as to what they are called) over the top.
Detail of glass blobs with circles drawn around them with black pigment pen.
The quote has a glass slide mount over the top as well as white paint around it and black pigment pen.

It needs a little something else in the blank space. My husband thinks it needs some green. I'm not so sure about that. In my original sketch the glass and circles were in the upper right part where all the blank space is. But I forgot about that when I put the quote down. It's hanging on the wall and I can look at it as I walk past and think about it some more. I get tired of the thinking sometimes.

I've started working on a Christmas journal. I love Christmas but it seems to go so fast and I lose the spirit of it midway through. We will be in MN for Christmas this year and that will help some. I won't be planning a long out of town trip and stressing about being away and with in-laws.

1 comment:

Leah said...

it looks great! my first thought for the empty space, was a tree on a hill (with the hill containing the three glass baubles.) but feel free to ignore that idea. i love to draw trees. :-)

i really like the way the handwriting looks at the bottom!